Where: We will gather on the corner of Burlington Boulevard and Fairhaven Ave in Burlington, WA near the High School
When: February 12, 2017 @ 10am -12 pm
What: Worker and Immigrant Solidarity March
Spread the Word: https://www.facebook.com/events/409732362695018/
Familias Unidas por la Justicia los invita a marchar con nosotros. Familias Unidas por La Justicia Invites You to March With Us.
We invite our Brothers and Sisters from all movements to join farmworkers in solidarity. Our struggles are not isolated. Worker Rights and the rights of immigrants are under attack. With the new administration, we can expect things to get harder. What we know:
- The appointed Secretary of Labor is against raising the minimum wage and no overtime for workers.
- The president has vowed to “build a wall” to divide our people and to further criminalize immigrants.
- Programs such as DACA and DAPA will most likely be suspended leaving millions vulnerable to deportations.
- The Guest Worker Program is set to expand drastically as well.
- Environmental Protections that are supposed to protect workers and consumers will be taken away and further expose us to dangerous chemicals.
Our local economy in Skagit County is dependent on our labor. We want to show our community that we will not be silenced or intimidated. The only way to be safe is to organize.
Together we can come up with solutions and actions and make our community and workplace a safer one.